I thoroughly enjoyed this topic because I feel there are a
lot of differences and similarities between Managers and Leaders. I agree with
a earlier blog I read about how we as students are taught to be better
managers, but only told to be good leaders. How can it be so important to be a
great leader but not explain to us better on how to achieve this? In a competitive
business school it’s said that we should strive to be leaders, when in reality
that is not the best fit for many students. I like sports examples and this is
where one fits perfectly. Some people don't like being in charge and get nervous
or panic if they are shoved in a leadership role, where others relish in the
thought of leading others. I would not want a captain who never spoke, or
didn't cheer me on, and didn't try to help me. People should not be put into situations
where they don’t belong just because it’s believed to be where they should be.
I truly do believe leaders are naturally born in most cases and are products of
their environment. People shouldn't count out managers and followers because
they are what keep a company moving. Overall Leaders to me are captains to a
team, and a manager is a coach.
No comments:
Post a Comment